Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Father Allow me to Practice Restraint (Prayer)

Dear Heavenly Father,

I come to You in the miraculous and matchless name of Your Son Jesus Christ, thanking You for this life that You have given me to live. You are the giver of every kind and favorable thing. There is nothing that compares to the desires You have for Your children. You are the God over all the earth, and all good things come from You, You are Good. You are my Shield and my Safe Refuge, my Hiding Place. You give me peace and comfort like no one can. You offer direction out of Your timeless wisdom that allows me to walk uprightly and to enjoy this life that You have given to me. You are an immutable God that has no equal. 
Father, I pray that the fruit of Your Spirit is continuous in my walk. I pray that every aspect of Your Love is evident in my actions, speech, and thoughts. 
I pray that my joy is complete demonstrating that You dwell with me. 
I pray that my character displays Your peace and assurance that I might reap a harvest of righteousness. 
I pray that I may be an example of patience in the face of suffering. 
I pray that I demonstrate kindness, goodness, and faithfulness that reflects the Love that You have shed abroad in my heart. 
I pray that I learn to restore my brothers and sisters with a spirit of gentleness. 
I pray that I learn to stand as a fortified city with strong walls on all sides, displaying self-control at all times. You have said in Your Word that he who controls his temper is nobler than one who captures a city and he who does not control his anger is as helpless as a city without walls. I pray that I not only display these behaviors now but perpetually and that Your Word is engraved upon my heart to remind me of this great opportunity that I have as Your representative to the world. And I will always give to You all glory, all honor, and all the praise because I know that it is You and You alone who is worthy. 
~ Amen

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, and self-control; against such there is no law. - Galatians 5:22-23

He who has no rule over his own spirit
    is like a city that is broken down and without walls. - Proverbs 25:28
 

1 comment:

God is the Light on the Other side of the Darkness

Dear Heavenly Father, I come to You in the unchanging, faithful, and trustworthy name of Your Son Jesus Christ. Thank You for the love, m...