Wednesday, July 3, 2019

We are to Serve God and God Alone

Dear Heavenly Father,

I come to You in the sanctifying name of Your Son Jesus Christ, thanking You for all that You do in our lives. Thank You for Your provision, You are the God of Providence indeed. Thank You for your miraculous healing. Thank You for Your love. I choose to serve You with my whole life, You are Lord of my life. Thank You for liberally sharing wisdom with me. Thank You for the understanding I can find in Your Word. Thank You for all the marvelous acts that You perform in our lives but most importantly thank You for who You are in our lives. Teach me to abandon my own life so that I can learn from You and serve You entirely. I hold You in the highest esteem and seek to bring You pleasure. Clean my mind and my heart of unrighteousness and sanctify my hands. Teach me to live a life of holiness so that others can learn how to live through my actions and speech. Help me to use my wealth in honest and ethical ways. Your Word tells me that I should be devoted to You and You alone and that if I choose to share my devotion, it might cause me to abhor You. Help me Lord to know when I am off track and moving in the wrong direction. Thank You that I can always come to You and You hear me and answer me. I choose to serve You the rest of the days of my life, and I will always give You all the glory, all the honor, and all the praise forever and ever, in Jesus' name,
~Amen

 “No servant can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be loyal to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and wealth.” - Luke 16:13

No comments:

Post a Comment

God is the Light on the Other side of the Darkness

Dear Heavenly Father, I come to You in the unchanging, faithful, and trustworthy name of Your Son Jesus Christ. Thank You for the love, m...