Thursday, June 27, 2019

Discipline is Necessary to Please God

Dear Heavenly Father,

I come to You in the salvation-baring name of Your Son Jesus Christ, thanking You for all that You do and all that You are in my life. You are a deliverer of tremendous and wondrous things and from terrible and deadly situations. No one can do what it is that You do. You are my Creator, my Strength, my Sword, my Redeemer. You are my Deliverer, my Fortress, my High Tower, my Refuge, all the honor belongs to You. You are a Waymaker where there seems to be no way, and my heart fills up with gratefulness for the many times I have experienced this. You are a loving and merciful Father who finds pleasure in our joy. I have been made free from sin becoming a servant of righteousness. I no longer live according to my flesh, but by the Spirit, therefore, my soul shall live. Your Word gives me the faith necessary to live a disciplined and lawful life. I seek to please You by allowing YourWord to cleanse me and to strengthen me. I discipline my body, keeping it under subjection so that when I stand before others the message You have given me to speak will not be rejected. Thank You for Your faithfulness and Your immutability. I know that I can always run to You and You will supply what is needed. I will continue to practice the necessary restraint in all that I do so that my life is pleasing to You, an I will always give You all the glory, all the honor, and all the praise; in Jesus' name,
~ Amen

 But I bring and keep my body under subjection, lest when preaching to others I myself should be disqualified. - 1st Corinthians 9:27

No comments:

Post a Comment

God is the Light on the Other side of the Darkness

Dear Heavenly Father, I come to You in the unchanging, faithful, and trustworthy name of Your Son Jesus Christ. Thank You for the love, m...