Tuesday, June 25, 2019

God Disciplines us for our own Good

Dear Heavenly Father,

I come to You in the Self-sacrificing name of Your Son Jesus Christ, thanking You for the continual confirmation of Your Word to build and sustain my faith. I hear the remembrances of Your Word in everything that I do. You are a revealer of knowledge, wisdom, and understanding. I find encouragement in Your Word, I find direction in Your Word, I find strength in Your Word. I encounter love, faith, and unity in Your Word. Everything that is needed for life and godliness is located in Your Word, and I am eternally grateful. You are the God who chastens; so, that we may be partakers of Your holiness. You command that we live holy and sanctified lives in the face of Your Righteousness. And You show us how to do it through Your Word. You train us to be disciplined and to practice self-restraint that we may experience peace. Thank You for all that You continue to show me and for all that You have allowed me to see and do. I will forever give You all the glory, all the honor, and all the praise forever and ever,
~ Amen


 For they indeed disciplined us for a short time according to their own judgment, but He does so for our profit, that we may partake of His holiness. Now no discipline seems to be joyful at the time, but grievous. Yet afterward it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness in those who have been trained by it. - Hebrews 12:10-11

No comments:

Post a Comment

God is the Light on the Other side of the Darkness

Dear Heavenly Father, I come to You in the unchanging, faithful, and trustworthy name of Your Son Jesus Christ. Thank You for the love, m...